At Waggin and Walkin, we know you may not have time to stick to your dog's daily exercise routine so we have a variety of dog walking services to fit your and your pet's needs. We can offer dog walking across Milton Keynes.
Group Dog Walks
Group dog walks are generally the best and healthiest way for your dog to socialise in a safe environment. Your dog will be picked up from your home and then join other canine friends for a walk and play through a local park in the Milton Keynes area.
On group walks, we typically;
- Walk through some of Milton Keynes parks, like Tattenhoe Valley Park and Campbell Park, or stroll through Shenley Woods
- Meet and greet other dogs
- Give plenty of cuddles and tummy rubs!
- Spend a total time away from home of around 90 minutes
All dog walks include pick-up and drop-off in Milton Keynes, access to fresh water, toys, healthy treats, poop bags and of course, close supervision and lots and lots of fun!
We really do believe that the majority of dogs benefit most from group dog walks with other dogs. It gives them a chance to engage in instinctual pack behavior, which keeps them mentally and physically healthy, and also drains all that extra restless energy from being alone in the house during the working day.
Individual Dog Walks
If your dog doesn't get on with other dogs or you would simply like to have your pooch walked individually then this dog walking service is for you. We tailor our dog walker services around the uniqueness of our owners and their pets. Private dog walks consist of a 30 minute or 60 minute excursion around your neighbourhood or Local Park, giving your dog some much needed exercise and relief. Dogs are normally kept on-leash and the pace of the walk is adjusted to the activity level of your dog.
On return we make sure your dog is clean, dry and also ensure that they have food and water.
Dog Safaris are for the more lively dogs, whose exercise and socialisation needs don't have to end with just an hours walk.
Walks are 2-3 hours in length including travel time.
Book early, as spaces are very limited on this walking program!
On our Dog Safaris, dogs typically:
- Explore some of Milton Keynes walking trails and venture outside of Milton Keynes boundaries to parks, woods and patches of nature where dogs can safely explore
- Walk along the streams and go for a swim in the warmer months (with owners permission)
- Will have basic obedience and skills reinforced
- Get dropped off tired and happy
- Have access to fresh water and healthy treats and of course, close supervision at all times
Safety first! Dog walks are arranged with our clients' safety in mind, and for that reason dogs are matched according to temperament, disposition and exercise needs.
Adventure & Group Dog Walk Requirements
- Proof of up to date vaccinations
- Micro chipped or identity tags on collar
- Basic obedience
- Have excellent recall
- Must not suffer from aggression towards other dogs or people
- Be spayed or neutered